Looking for new ways to make your gifts more special? I’ve got you covered! Spice up your Christmas presents with these creative Christmas gift wrapping ideas.
Try this list of creative gift packaging ideas that will make your gifts change. I am sure you’ll adore these Christmas gift wrapping ideas! Have fun!
I would love to bring some extra spice on my gift wrapping this year. I’m sure you too would want to create a beautifully wrapped gift to show everyone on your list some love. These 10 unique Christmas gift wrapping ideas will get you started on the right track! Fun, easy to complete, and eye-catchingly different, your gifts will be the star items under the tree this year. These ideas are sure to impress your loved ones without breaking the bank.
1. Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ringing
Gift in a sleigh, how fun!
- Sleigh Ornament (Michael’s Crafts)
- Red Velvet Ribbon
- Little Boxes
Note: The Michael’s ornament comes with the little pinecone and greenery attached to the sled. I just pulled mine off and glued them to the top of the ribbon belt.
2. Candle Combo
Packaging that doubles as a gift!
- Lace Ribbon
- Earrings that coordinate with the candle
3. Put a Pin in It
Make it special with a pin!
- Thrift store pin (look in their jewelry cases to find them for $1-$5 generally)
Note: Perhaps, as pins, these chunky, themed brooches are not what you’d consider trendy – but attach them to the bow of a neatly wrapped gift, and suddenly you have a 3D art piece at the center of your present! I fell in love with this little pewter baby pin with dangling baby accessories at Goodwill for $1, and let me tell you – I nearly always find great pins and brooches there for projects like these. As soon as you start looking at pins, brooches, pendants, and even earrings in terms of their shape, theme, and how you could attach them to presents, bows, or cards, you’ll start seeing endless possibilities in thrift store jewelry cases!
4. Brown Paper Packages
Add a key to your gift wrapping? Why not!
- Brown Kraft Paper (comes in a roll at Michael’s or even the Dollar Tree)
- Large Skeleton Key (Michael’s generally carries them year round for $1-$2)
Note: Be sure to crinkle up the brown paper before you wrap it around your gift – that gives it weathered character – as if it’s been carried a long way to arrive at its destination!
5. Poster Package
Use poster to wrap your gifts!
- Wall Poster of Choice (Michael’s has whole collections of popular posters for about $4)
Note: This makes great wrapping paper for boys because you can find favorite superheroes, car posters, electric guitar prints, etc.
6. Dragon Tales
Kids will go crazy with this gift wrapping idea!
- Plastic Dragon (Michael’s, Toy Store, Amazon.com, etc.)
- Green Moss (Michael’s)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Solid Wrapping Paper (I used black)
Note: This one is very easy! Simply wrap your gift box in black wrapping paper, use your hot glue gun to attach green moss all over the top (allowing some to drape over the sides), and then nestle your dragon into place in the moss. Done!
7. Bring Home the Beach
Winter shouldn’t make you forget about summer.
- Brown Kraft Paper
- Burlap Ribbon (Michael’s)
- Metal Embellishment (the golden plate I used was actually an earring I found at Goodwill – yes, one crazy large earring the width of a fist!) If you can’t find a metal embellishment, I’d recommend getting a sheet of metallic paper from Michael’s and cutting a circle to use – that would work just as well!
- Sea Star (Michael’s has single ones that you can purchase for a few dollars)
- Blue Ribbon
- Glue Gun
Note: Wrap the little shipping tube with brown Kraft paper (on the bottom, you can fold the paper into the tube and then pop the bottom cap back in to hold the paper securely in place). Secure the burlap with a hot glue gun. Secure the blue ribbon with a hot glue gun. Secure the golden metal/paper disk with a hot glue gun. Lastly, secure the sea star with a hot glue gun. Done!
8. Feminine Touch
Perfect for all the ladies on your list!
- Textured Wallpaper (Amazon.com has a variety of options for raised, padded, paintable wallpaper like I used)
- Clip-on Flower (Michael’s paper section)
Note: Gift wrapping with a beautiful textured wallpaper tied with elegant lace fabric and finished with a clip-on flower. This is an easy way to keep gift wrapping classy this holiday season.
9. Turtle Mail
You’ve got turtle mail!
- Plastic Turtle (Michael’s)
- Brown Kraft Paper for Gift Wrapping
- Little Sprig of Greenery
Note: There’s nothing fancy about this one! It’s cute, simple, and just as easy as it looks.
10. Beautiful Box
Don’t mistake this for the gift, it’s just the packaging!
- Old Wooden Box (If you visit any Goodwill you will find many options for only a few dollars)
Note: I found this gorgeous wooden box for $2 at Goodwill, and it was the perfect size for a Christmas sweater gift. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
Need more Christmas gift wrapping ideas? Watch this video from Aira Tran and learn how to wrap presents in many different ways:
Did you enjoy our list of creative gift packaging? I do, and I think my personal favorite is the beautiful lace with a clip-on flower and some greenery – so pretty, elegant and classy! Trust me, you will surely get inspiration from these Christmas gift wrapping ideas.